Beautiful Friendship is So Versatile
I know I’ve said it before but the Beautiful Friendship Stamp Set is really the most versatile floral stamp set that I have ever owned. It will take you from bold and graphic to soft and romantic to anything in between.
The card I made today definitely leans to the soft and romantic side, while the cards I made previously (below) hit on the bold and graphic as well as the in between.
A Few Design Tips:
♦ When going for a bold and graphic look, use bright colors, throw in some black and leave plenty of white space so your elements stand out.
♦ For a soft romantic feel, use lighter pastel colors. You could also add some ribbon or a few sequins for a little bling. I would still leave a moderate amount of white space.
♦ For the in between, you can use a mixture of bright and pastel colors. White space isn’t necessary so an all over pattern does well here. Really, this is a pretty broad category so practically anything goes.
Creating Today’s Card
- To begin, I stamped the individual rose in a random pattern using Calypso Coral ink.
- To soften the look of the roses I used the back of the same stamp (yes the back) and Blushing Bride ink to stamped the faint shadow you see around each rose. To make the shadow large enough, I stamped twice in each location shifting where I placed my stamp slightly each time.
- The leaves are stamped in Smoky Slate.
- I used the stitched rectangle dies to cut out a Calypso Coral mat layer and to cut the floral layer. I love the stitched detail these dies add.
- I stamped the sentiment in Calypso Coral and cut it out with a stitched square die and attached it to my card with foam adhesive strips.
Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!