Hello, welcome to the Pals Blog Hop! This month our theme is “Goodbye to January-June Mini and 2019-2020 Annual Catalogs and Hello to 2020-2021 Annual Catalog” where the Design Team is showcasing their favorites from the retiring catalogs or products in the new catalog! You’ll find the full line-up below to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Today I am using products that will be in the upcoming 2020-2021 Annual Catalog — The Butterfly Gala Stamp Set and the new Ornate Garden Specialty Paper. Do they look familiar? That’s because the Butterfly Gala stamp set is a Carryover Item. And even though the Ornate Garden Specialty Paper (part of the Ornate Garden Suite) will be brand new to the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog, it was released early. That means it’s available online now!
I began my card by coloring a piece of the white and gold foil Ornate Garden Specialty Paper with Pretty Peacock Stampin Blends. Don’t Pretty Peacock and Gold look great together? I continued the Gold and Peacock theme by embossing the gold sentiment on Pretty Peacock cardstock and adding gold on gold embossed butterflies.
I really love everything about this card. The gold embossed butterflies, the hand colored paper, the gold embossed sentiment. It just looks so elegant!
Stampin’ Blend vs Copics
Today I used Stampin’ Blend Markers instead of Copics (Yes, I finally got myself some Stampin’ Blends, LOL) And as this is my first time using Stampin’ Blends I thought I would share my initial thoughts.
So far, I think I might like Stampin’ Blends better than Copics. I definitely like the bullet tip on the Stampin’ Blend better than the chisel tip that comes with Copics. The brush tip on the Stampin’ Blends is a bit stiffer and less springy than Copics, which I like better.
Also color matching was so much simpler. I only used two markers — Light & Dark Pretty Peacock — and it matched, no guessing. With Copics, achieving a color match takes a bit of trial and error. After some experimenting I came up with a close color match: B18, B13 colored over with T4 and T2.
Coloring the Designer Paper
- Use Pretty Peacock Stampin’ Blends to color a 2″ x 5 1/2″ strip of the designer paper.
- Color the flower petals with the Dark Stampin’ Blend Marker.
- Color the center of the flowers and the spaces between the flowers and leaves with the Light Stampin’ Blend Marker
- Color the leaves first with the Light Stampin’ Blend. Then add shading by coloring only the area closest to the flowers with dark. Now color the whole leaf again with the light to blend.
Instructions for Today’s Card
- Cut and color the strip of designer paper (instructions above)
- Cut a 3 1/2″ x 1 3/4″ piece of Gold Foil paper.
- Cut a 3 1/4″ x 1 1/2″ piece of Pretty Peacock cardstock
Butterflies & Sentiment
- Stamp any of the dual butterfly images with Versa Mark Ink on Gold Foil Cardstock and emboss with Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder. Crop with the Butterfly Duet Punch.
- Stamp the sentiment on the pre-cut piece of Pretty Peacock cardstock with Versa Mark Ink and emboss with Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder.
Assemble the Card
- Attach the strip of colored DSP and the pre-cut piece of Gold Foil Cardstock to a card base made of Whisper White Thick Cardstock with Snail Adhesive.
- Attach the sentiment to the card with Foam Adhesive Strips.
- Add the embossed butterflies with Stampin’ Dimensionals and Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Last Chance Products
Retiring products on the Last Chance List are only available until June 2 or while supplies last. Take a minute to check them out and order your favorites before they’re gone!
Hop Along for More Inspiration
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for June 10th, with our theme “New 2020-2022 In Colors.” We can’t wait to show you the newest In Colors in the Stampin’ Up! color family. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft room.
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Leah O’Brien at Ink, Paper, Stamps, Oh My!
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps, Ink
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Diana Carr at The Secret Life of Paper
- Karen Buttery at Karen On The Lake Stamper
- Dacia Smith at My Creative Days
Thanks for hopping by and be sure to check out the Last Chance products as well as the products used to make today’s card.
So pretty! The gold and colored DSP is beautiful!
A great card and beautiful coloring. You are correct…..gold and pretty peacock are so so elegant. Love this.
What a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing!
What a stunning card. You did an awesome job coloring the dsp. Anyone would be elated to receive this happy mail. Thanks for sharing your creativity.
Great to see how you put your own stamp on the Pals Hop! A golden delight!
Thank you! 🙂
Beautiful card, Diana! I really love the card and read with much interest your comparison of Copics vs Stampin’ Blends. When SU first came out with their alcohol markers, I was hooked. Then, they discontinued them and I was pretty devastated. So I invested in Copics and was not as happy with them. Now that SU has had a second run with their alcohol markers, I couldn’t be happier. I agree the ease of matching colors can’t be beat. I am so happy you joined the hop this month and really hope you will continue, Pal!
Thanks for all of your help with the hop Debbie! I was really surprised that I liked the Stampin’ Blends better than my Copics.
Loving the butterflies with the ornate garden suite! The gold embossing adds a lovely touch to the card!
Simply beautiful! Gorgeous coloring! CASE worthy, if that’s ok with you.
Thank you so much! 😊 CASE away!