Stampin’ Up! New 2020-2021 Annual Catalog Pre-Order
I’m so excited! Yesterday I got my Stampin’ Up! pre-order items from the NEW 2020-2021 Annual Catalog. It’s one of the perks of buying the starter kit — besides the 20-25% discount, you get to purchase new products before anyone else.
The Starter Kit is a Great Value & You Can Select Pre-Order Items:
With the Starter Kit, you get $125 worth of product for only $99 and FREE shipping. You can choose from any available products for your kit – including the NEW Catalog Pre-order. And you’ll enjoy a 20%-25% discount on future orders while you remain active. Contact me if you’re interested in taking advantage of this great deal.
Retiring Stampin’ Up! Product
I love so many things in the new catalog and I can’t wait to start creating with them. But I am going to finish out this week by showcasing retiring products since they will only be available for about another week.
The Animal Outing Stamp Set, Animal Friends Dies, and Tropical Oasis DSP used on today’s card are on the Last Chance List and only available until June 2 or while supplies last.
Last Chance List
Last Chance/Retiring products are only available while supplies last. Don’t miss out on some great items and deals.
Today’s card is a little more involved than the ones I usually make. I normally like to keep things simple, but it turned out so darn cute that I think it was worth the extra effort. I’ve broken down the instructions into smaller sections so it’s not so overwhelming.
Banner & Branch
- Stamp the branch with frog image from the Animal Outing Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Whisper White cardstock. Color it with Stampin’ Blends or Copics and crop with coordinating Animal Friends die.
I used Copic colors: BG18, YG25, YG23, E27, T2. I’ve listed the closest Stampin’ Blend colors in the supply list below.
- Crop the ends of a 4″ x 1 1/4″ strip of Pretty Peacock cardstock with the Banner Triple Punch. Stamp the sentiment in VersaMark Ink and heat emboss with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder.
Double Window Frame
- Crop the center out of a 5″ x 3 3 /4″ piece of DSP using the Stampin’ Up! Stitched Rectangle Dies. Use the die that cuts a 3 1/2″ x 2 1/4″ rectangle (4th from the smallest).
- Attach the cropped DSP to a 5 1/4 x 4″ piece of Pretty Peacock cardstock. Crop out the center of the cardstock with the next smallest die that cuts a 3 1/8″ x 1 7/8 rectangle (3rd from the smallest)
TIP: Creating a perfectly aligned double frame is easiest if you crop out the center window of the smaller, top layer first. Attach the cropped top layer to the larger, uncropped, bottom layer. Then center the next smallest die in the window of the top layer to crop the bottom layer.
Window Frame Screen
- To create the screen for the window, crop the giraffe print pattern out of a 4 1/2 ” x 2 3/4″ piece of Pretty Peacock cardstock with the background die. You will have to cut the pattern three times.
- For the first cut center the die horizontally about 1/4″ from the top of the cardstock and run through your diecutting machine.
- For the next two cuts, line the die up with the bottom of the cut before it and run through die cutting machine.
- Repeat this process with another piece of cardstock to use as a stencil in the next step.
- Cut a 4 1/2 x 3 1/4 piece of Old Olive cardstock.
- Use a blending tool, Old Olive ink and the stencil you created in the previous step to add a random pattern to the cardstock. (move your stencil around randomly while adding ink)
- Repeat the previous step with Pretty Peacock ink.
- Attach the screen to the back of the double window frame.
- Attach the Old Olive cardstock with the background pattern to the back of the screened double window frame.
- Attach the fully assembled frame to a card base made of Whisper White Thick cardstock.
- Attach the banner and branch pieces.
Finally, you are done! What do you think? Was it worth the effort?