Stampin’ Up! Gift Wrapped Bundle
I have a sneak peek for you! Today I made two cards using the Gift Wrapped Bundle — one of the items from the new Mini Catalog that comes out on August 4th. I purchased this bundle along with some other great holiday goodies during the demonstrator pre-order period. Early access to purchase new product is one of the perks of being a demonstrator.
If you’re interested in becoming a demonstrator or purchasing the starter kit (a great value) you can read more about it here!
The Gift Wrapped Bundle includes the Gift Wrapped Stamp Set and the Gift Bow Builder Punch. Although at first glance you may think Christmas, this set could be appropriate for any celebration with greetings like “Celebrate in Style” and “Tied with Love”. And the bows add a finishing touch to any project!
Bundle and Save 10% – When you purchase the Gift Wrapped Stamp Set and Gift Bow Builder Punch as a Bundle you will save 10% compared to purchasing them separately.
Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper
I also used the Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper on my card which is another item that will be in the new mini catalog. This paper pack has patterns that are ideal for Halloween, Fall, Christmas, and other occasions.
Instructions for Today’s Card
Today I made two cards, one landscape and one portrait, but they both have basically the same layout.
- Start with an A2 cardbase made of Whisper White Thick Cardstock.
- Cut a 2″ x 5″ strip of your choice of Designer Series Paper (DSP).
- Pick a cardstock that coordinates with the DSP and cut a 4″ x 5 1/4″ mat layer and attach to card base. (I used Cherry Cobbler and Pretty Peacock)
- Cut a 5″ x 3 3/4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock and attach to the mat layer.
- Add the 2″ x 5″ strip of DSP to the Whisper White layer. 1/4″ from the bottom for lanscape or 1/4″ from the left side for portrait.
- Stamp the sentiment with coordinating ink as shown in photo (above).
- Stamp the bow image using the same color ink and cardstock for a tone on tone appearance and crop with Gift Bow Builder Punch.
- Attach to card as shown in photo (above).
Gift Wrapped Bow Versatility
There are so many ways you can use the Gift Wrapped Bow stamps and coordinating punch.
For the first bow (above, I stamped the bow In Pretty Peacock, cropped with the punch, and used Light and Dark Pretty Peacock Stampin’ Blends to color and shade. I also added a few highlights with a white gel pen.
For the second bow (above), I stamped the bow in Cherry Cobbler ink, cropped it with the bow punch, and colored it in with the Dark Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Blend — no shading or blending, just simple coloring.
For the third bow (above), I simply stamped with Pretty Peacock ink on Pretty Peacock cardstock for a tone on tone effect. This is definitely the quickest and easiest method.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed today’s card.
Before you go, be sure and…
- Sign Up for my Newsletter.
- Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram
- Take a minute to check out the current promotions (below the supply list)
- Leave a comment (I love reading them and will be sure to answer)
- If you’re interest in becoming a demonstrator or in purchasing the Starter Kit simply for the savings, you can read more here.