Stampin’ Up! Celebrate Sunflowers
Stampin’ Up! Celebrate Sunflowers is still one of my favorite stamp sets in the annual catalog. I love that you can color the sunflowers in any color you like. Today I chose to color my sunflower with Old Olive and Mossy Meadow Stampin’ Blends. Why? Because who says sunflowers have to be yellow?
Below are two more examples of non traditional sunflower colors. (click on photos to view those blog posts.)
Stampin’ Up! Biggest Wish
I chose to use the “hello” sentiment in the Stampin’ Up! Biggest Wish stamp set instead of one of the ones included with Celebrate Sunflowers. Although the sentiments in Celebrate sunflowers are great, the sentiments in the Biggest Wish Stamp set are a little less specific and cover your most common cardmaking needs…Hello, Thank You, and Birthday.
Instructions for Today’s Card (supply list at end of post)
- I stamped the sunflower and leaf images in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on Basic White Cardstock and cropped them out with the corresponding dies.
- The Petals: I colored all of the petals with the Light Old Olive Stampin’ Blend. Then I added shading with Dark Old Olive and Dark Mossy Meadow.
- The Center: I colored the center of the sunflower with Bronze.
- The Leaves: I colored the entire leaf with Dark Crumb Cake and then added shading with Bronze and Light Mossy Meadow.
Tip: Don’t get locked into using the same family of Stampin’ Blends for shading. Sometimes adding a another tone works better for a more dramatic effect.
- Attach a 5″ x 3 3/4″ piece of Basic White Cardstock to a 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of Early Espresso Cardstock and attach these to a white card base.
- Stamp the “Hello” sentiment from the Biggest Wish stamp set in Early Espresso ink on the bottom right corner.
- Add a 2″ x 3 3/4″ strip of wood grained paper from the In Good Taste Paper pack to the left side of the card.
- Attach the sunflower with Stampin’ Dimensionals slightly to the top and right of center.
- Attach the leaves tucked under the sunflower.
- Add a few Gilded Gems as a finishing touch.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed today’s card.
Before you go, be sure to…
- Sign Up for my Newsletter.
- Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram
- Take a minute to check out the current promotions (below the supply list)
- Leave a comment (I love reading them and will be sure to answer)
- If you’re interest in becoming a demonstrator or in purchasing the Starter Kit simply for the savings, you can read more here.