Stampin’ Up! Celebrate Sunflowers
Today I made a pretty birthday card with the Stampin’ Up! Celebrate Sunflowers Bundle! This bundle is actually one of my favorite items in the annual catalog. I love that you can color the sunflowers in any color you like. Today I chose to color my sunflower with Pool Party and Bermuda Bay Stampin’ Blends and it coordinates beautifully with the background paper.
Below are some examples of non traditional sunflower colors. (click on photos to view those blog posts.)
Pattern Play Hostess Designer Series Paper
The pretty patterned paper I used for today’s card is from the Pattern Party Hostess DSP pack. This paper is amazing! As the name implies there are tons of patterns to play with. One side of the paper is in color and the other side is black and white. I love black and white paper because you can color it anyway you like.
Because this paper is a hostess item you can only get it if you host a Stampin’ Up! workshop/party or if you place an order of at least the minimum workshop amount.
If you are interested in hosting a Stampin’ Up! party and earning host rewards (free product), drop me a message and we’ll figure out a format that will work for you.
Instructions for Today’s Card (supply list at end of post)
- I stamped the sunflower and leaf images in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on Basic White Cardstock and cropped them out with the corresponding dies.
- The Petals: I colored all of the petals with the Light Pool Party Stampin’ Blend. Then I added shading with Dark Pool Party and Light Bermuda Bay Stampin’ Blends.
- The Center: I colored the center of the sunflower with Bronze.
- The Leaves: I colored the entire leaf with Dark Crumb Cake and then added shading with Bronze and Light Bermuda Bay.
Tip: You don’t have to limit yourself to the same family of Stampin’ Blends for shading. Sometimes adding a another tone works better for a more dramatic effect.
- Attach a 5″ x 3 3/4″ piece of Designer Series Paper to a 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of Pool Party Cardstock and attach these to a white card base.
- Stamp the “Happy Birthday” sentiment from the Artistically Inked Stamp Set in Memento Tuxedo Black ink, towards the left side of a 1/2″ x 3 3/4″ strip of Basic White card stock. Snip the right side of the sentiment strip at an angle and attach to card about 1/2″ up from the bottom of the DSP.
- Attach the sunflower with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Attach the leaves with Stampin’ Seal, tucked under the sunflower.
Stampin’ Up! Sale-a-bration Time!
Don’t forget about Stampin’ Up! Sale-a-bration going on now through September 30th.
You earn free, exclusive products for every $50 USD and $100 USD you spend. And if you purchase the Stampin’ Up! starter kit (which is fully customizable with products whichever products you want) you get to choose a FREE Bundle. Read all the details here.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed today’s card.
Before you go, be sure to…
- Sign Up for my Newsletter.
- Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram
- Take a minute to check out the current promotions (below the supply list)
- Leave a comment (I love reading them and will be sure to answer)
- If you’re interest in becoming a demonstrator or in purchasing the Starter Kit simply for the savings, you can read more here.