Ink Blending Background for a Bold Sentiment
I love large sentiment stamps and this blended ink background provides the perfect setting for the bold “Peace on Earth” greeting from the Thinking, Thanks & Peace Stamp Set.
To create the background I used the Stampin’ Up! Blending Brushes and a Misty Moonlight Ink Pad. I simply inked up the blending brush by rubbing it across the ink pad and then applied the ink to basic white cardstock in a circular motion.
Heat Embossing the Sentiment
After I was satisfied with the background, I heat embossed the “Peace on Earth” sentiment with VersaMark ink and white embossing powder.
Stitched With Whimsy Dies
For a little more detail I used the Stitched With Whimsy Dies to add a fun border around both the sentiment layer and the blue mat layer.
The Stitched with Whimsy Dies don’t actually cut the cardstock, they simply pierce a whimsical border around a pre-cut piece of cardstock.
Instructions for Today’s Card (supply list at end of post)
- Cut a 5″ x 3 3/4″ of Basic White card stock.
- Use the Stampin’ Up! Blending Brushes and Misty Moonlight ink to blend color in a diagonal strip. Ink the blending brush by rubbing it across the ink pad and blend onto the card stock in a circular motion.
- Stamp the “Peace on Earth” sentiment from the Thinking, Thanks & Peace stamp set with VersaMark Ink and heat emboss with white embossing powder.
- Use the corresponding sized Stitched with Whimsy die to add the border to the sentiment piece.
- Cut a 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of Misty Moonlight card stock and use the corresponding sized Stitched with Whimsy die to add the border.
- Attach the Misty Moonlight cardstock to an A2 sized card base with Stampin’ Seal adhesive.
- Attach the sentiment piece to the card with a piece of adhesive foam sheet.
- Add some Rhinestone Basic Jewels for a little bling.
Be sure to check out the Stampin’ Up! Clearance Rack! There are still lots of deals, some priced at up to 60% off.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed today’s card.
Before you go, be sure to…
- Sign Up for my Newsletter.
- Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram
- Take a minute to check out the current promotions (below the supply list)
- Leave a comment (I love reading them and will be sure to answer)
- If you are interest in becoming a demonstrator, or in purchasing the Starter Kit simply for the savings, you can read more here.