What do you do with Vellum?
Recently, a customer asked me what she could do with vellum. My quick answer was to use it as a layer over designer series paper. But as I thought about it a little more, I wondered what if I used the vellum as the designer paper?
Embossing Vellum with Greenery Embossing Folder
To turn my vellum into something more, I put it into the Greenery embossing folder and ran it through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. The result was beautiful! I don’t know why I’ve never tried this before.
Stampin’ Up! Holly Jolly Wishes Stamp Set
The “Merry Christmas to You” sentiment is from the Holly Jolly Wishes stamp set. This stamp set is full of cute Christmas sentiments in really fun fonts. Unfortunately, it is on the Last Chance Products list and will retire on January 3, so you’ll need to purchase it soon. It will be one of those sets that you pull out every Christmas.
Stampin’ Up! Product Coordination
One of the things I love best about Stampin’ Up! is the way in which they have mastered product coordination…Inks coordinate with cardstock & embellishments, products within bundles coordinate…But I absolutely love those unexpected coordinating products. For example, the embossed images in the Greenery embossing folder coordinate almost perfectly with stamped images in the Christmas Season Bundle.
Instructions for Today’s Card (supply list at end of post)
- Attach a 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of Evening Evergreen cardstock to an A2 cardbase made from Basic White cardstock.
- Cut a 4 1/2″ x 3 1/4″ piece of vellum, place it in the Greenery embossing folder and run it through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine. (will also fit in Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss)
- Attach embossed vellum to a 4 3/4″ x 3 1/2″ piece of Real Red cardstock and attach this to the card front. I attached the vellum to my card front with Stampin’ Seal.
TIP: Adhesive shows through the vellum so only apply adhesive to areas that your sentiment or other embellishments will cover.
- Use Evening Evergreen and Real Red ink to stamp the greenery and sprigs. Crop with Seasonal Label dies.
- Stamp the “Merry Christmas” sentiment in Evening Evergreen and crop with Seasonal Label die.
- Attach the sentiment banner to the center of your card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Arrange the greenery and pinecones around and tucked under the sentiment piece and attach.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Before you go, be sure to…
- Sign Up for my Newsletter.
- Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram
- Take a minute to check out the current promotions (below the supply list)
- Leave a comment (I love reading them and will be sure to answer)
- If you are interest in becoming a demonstrator, or in purchasing the Starter Kit simply for the savings, you can read more here.