Do you do Valentines?
I hear from alot of people that they don’t do valentines. They think valentines are only for kids to exchange at school or only for romantic relationships. This makes me a little sad because Valentines Day is my favorite card making holiday! I love the colors…reds and purples and pinks. I love heart shapes. And I love to tell the people in my life I love them. (I know, that’s alot of love…haha)
Sweet Conversations Valentine
Today I made this adorable valentine using the Stampin’ Up! Sweet Conversations Bundle and Sweet Talk Designer Series Paper from the new mini catalog. Both the stamps and the paper give a modern twist to those cute and not so delicious little conversation hearts.
Sweet Talk Designer Series Paper
The colors and candy themed patterns in the Sweet Talk Designer Series Paper are so vibrant and fun! Perfect for making valentines for kids, family, and friends. And if you need a romantic valentine, there’s a pattern for that too.
Colors: Blushing Bride, Granny Apple Green, Highland Heather, Petal Pink, Pool Party, Real Red, So Saffron
As an added bonus, the heart dies in the Sweet Conversations Bundle cut out the conversation hearts on one of the sheets of designer paper…another example of the product coordination that Stampin’ Up! is so good at!
Today’s Card Tutorial
Instructions for Today’s Card (supply list at end of post)
- Attach a 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of Real Red cardstock to an A2 cardbase made from Basic White Thick cardstock.
- Cut two 5″ x 2 1/8″ pieces of coordinating DSP and attach them to the red cardstock.
- Stamp the “Happy Valentine’s Day” sentiment from the Sweet Conversations stamp set with Real Red ink on a 1/2″ x 5″ strip of Basic White cardstock.
- Attach the sentiment strip over the seam where the two pieces of DSP meet.
- Stamp the hearts in Real Red and Highland Heather, crop with the corresponding dies, and attach to card with Stampin’ Seal.
You Might Also Like:
If you like today’s project, you might also like these cards. Click on images to view blog posts. Or, visit the card gallery to see all of the cards in one place.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Before you go, be sure to…
- Sign Up for my Newsletter.
- Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram
- Take a minute to check out the current promotions (below the supply list)
- Leave a comment (I love reading them and will be sure to answer)
- If you are interest in becoming a demonstrator, or in purchasing the Starter Kit simply for the savings, you can read more here.