Perfect for Quick & Easy Coloring
I think these little otters in the Awesome Otter stamp set are so adorable and perfect for coloring. I love to color with Stampin’ Blend Markers, but you could use colored pencils or even some watercolors for these guys.
Depending on my mood, I might take my time and do a lot of detailed shading, or on days like today, I grab a marker and just fill in the image. Honestly I think either style of coloring looks great. So if don’t be afraid to pick up some makers and give coloring a try.
FREE Awesome Otters Stamp Set
There are only a few more days to take advantage of the Stampin’ Up! Sale-A-Bration sale and earn free products like the Awesome Otters Stamp Set that I used to create today’s card.
Create Custom Color Rhinestones
Did you know you could create custom color rhinestones with Stampin’ Blends?
I am a matchy-match type of person. I need things to match (one of the reasons I love Stampin’ up). So when I want to add rhinestones to a card, I simply pick up a Stampin’ Blend Marker and color a few Rhinestone Basic Jewels to match my project.
The otter image in the Awesome Otter stamp set is so cute that I had to pair it with the equally adorable Sweet Talk Designer Series Paper. Even though this is technically a valentine paper, I was happy to see that one side of each sheet has a more universal pattern so I’ll be able to use it all year.
Instructions for Today’s Card (supply list at end of post)
- Attach a 5 1/4″ x 4″ piece of Highland Heather cardstock to an A2 card base made from Basic White Thick cardstock.
- Cut a 5″ x 3 3/4″ piece of DSP and attach it to the Highland Heather cardstock.
- Stamp the “It’s birthday time!” sentiment from the Awesome Otters stamp set with Gorgeous Grape ink on a 5″ x 1/2″ strip of Basic White cardstock and attach to card front about 1″ from the bottom.
- Stamp the otter and birthday hat with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Basic White Cardstock and cut out Paper Snips.
- Color with Stampin’ Blend Markers. I used Light & Dark Heather Highland for the birthday hat and SU500 and SU900 for the otter.
- Attach the otter to the card with Stampin’ Seal and use dimensionals to attach the birthday hat.
- Use a Dark Highland Heather Stampin’ Blend to color a few Rhinestone Basic Jewels and attach them to your card for a little bling.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Before you go, be sure to…
- Sign Up for my Newsletter.
- Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram
- Take a minute to check out the current promotions (below the supply list)
- Leave a comment (I love reading them and will be sure to answer)
- If you are interest in becoming a demonstrator, or in purchasing the Starter Kit simply for the savings, you can read more here.