Stampin’ Up! All Together Collection
There are few things that I find more rewarding than coloring and making cards to send to seniors. So as soon as I saw the new Stampin’ Up! All Together Collection, I had to have it! The sentiments and hand images are ideal for creating uplifting cards and the Natural Tone Stampin’ Blends are perfect for coloring and shading the hands.
Coloring and Shading Hands with Alcohol Markers.
Coloring and shading the hand images might look difficult, but it is actually pretty simple.
- Start by Choosing two natural tone Stampin’ Blend Markers, one lighter shade and one a shade or two darker. I used SU900 and SU700.
- Color the entire hand image with the lighter Stampin’ Blend.
- Then use the darker marker to add shading. (see tips below)
- Next, go back over the image with the lighter color to blend out any harsh edges and to add some mid-tone shading.
- The more you he more you go over an area with the alcohol marker, the darker it will become, so avoid coloring over areas that you want to keep lighter such as highlighted areas.
A Couple of Tips…
For choosing which markers: Test the Stampin’ Blends on some scrap paper or use the color chart (HERE) so you can see the undertone of the markers. Some have a yellow undertone and some have a red undertone.
Which areas to shade and highlight: If you aren’t sure where to add shading or which areas are highlighted, simply put your hands in that shape to see where the shadows fall and what areas of your hands are darker (like your knuckles). Also note which areas are the lightest you will want to keep these areas lighter when coloring.
Instructions for Today’s Card (supply list at end of post)
- Start with a card base made from Basic White Thick cardstock. (A2 size: 5 1/2 x 4 1/4)
- Use the largest die in the Scallop and Contours Die Set to crop the scallop rectangle from Pool Party cardstock and attach to the cardbase
- Cut a 4 5/8″ x 3 1/4″ piece of DSP and attach to scallop rectangle.
- Use the third largest Scallop and Contour die to crop another rectangle from Basic White cardstock.
- Stamp the “You matter to me” sentiment from the Here Together Stamp Set on the upper right corner of the white scallop rectangle and attach to center of card.
- Stamp the hands image in Memento Black ink on Basic White cardstock and crop with coordinating die from the Here Together Bundle.
- Color hands with Natural Tone Stampin’ Blend Markers (see instructions above)
- Attach the hands to the card with Stampin’ Seal.
- Add a few light blue rhinestones from the Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels for a little bling
Thanks for stopping by today!
Before you go, be sure to…
- Sign Up for my Newsletter.
- Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram
- Take a minute to check out the current promotions (below the supply list)
- Leave a comment (I love reading them and will be sure to answer)
- If you are interest in becoming a demonstrator, or in purchasing the Starter Kit simply for the savings, you can read more here.